We’ll be having an 11-11-11 Challenge to celebrate this awesome date!
Here’s what you need to know:
It’s simple. Write 11,111 words between 12:00 AM and 11:11 PM Philippine time on November 11, 2011. First person to hit 11,111 wins. If no one hits the magic number, the prize will go to the person who gets the closest.
We’ll be giving away a copy of Ready, Set, Novel! A Noveling Journal! See details here: http://www.bookdepository.com/Ready-Set-Novel-Noveling-Jounal-Tavia-Stewart-Streit/9781452101729
We’ll be using Book Depository, so even those who aren’t in Metro Manila can join this contest!
HOW IT WORKS
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Reply to this thread indicating your intention to join the challenge: http://new.nanowrimo.org/en/forums/asia-philippines/threads/31747
2. Before you start the challenge, e-mail a copy of your novel in .RTF or .DOC format to purplyana.pinoywrimos(at)gmail(dot)com. Novels sent in other formats will not qualify. Subject should read “PinoyWrimos 11-11-11 Challenge: [Your NaNo Username]” and you need to provide the following information:
- Your NaNoWriMo Username
- Your Novel’s Title (if there is one)
- Your Full Name (the real one)
- Your Full Address (house number, street, barangay or subdivision, city or municipality, zip code, etc.)
- Your Mobile Number
You MUST send your e-mails BEFORE 11:00 AM on 11-11-11 to qualify.
3. Write your heart out!
4. When you’ve hit 11,111 words on November 11 OR when 11:11 PM hits (whichever is first), reply to your original e-mail and send a copy of your novel (with the text you wrote on 11-11-11 included; file must be in .RTF or .DOC format) to purplyana.pinoywrimos(at)gmail(dot)com. Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 PM of 11-11-11. Any submissions after 12:00 on 11-12-11 will not qualify for the prize.
5. Winner will be announced on this thread and on Facebook. The winner will also receive an e-mail indicating that he or she has won.
Any questions? Hop on over to the official 11-11-11 Challenge thread!
Cheers and good luck!
Purplyana AKA Liana
Co-ML for the Philippines